Virtual Code of Conduct
Women Innovators & Leaders Development Network (“WILD”) values diversity of views, opinions, backgrounds, and experiences. As such, WILD is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all participants attending the Women in Global Development Leadership Forum and any other events or programs coordinated by WILD (‘the event’). Discrimination, harassment, and bullying by and between participants, including-but not limited to- speakers; sponsors; event attendees; staff; and volunteers will not be tolerated. To help ensure a respectful and harassment-free event, all participants are expected to abide by this Virtual Code of Conduct.
Expected behaviors throughout the event
- Demonstrate respect and consideration for all people. It is imperative that participants conduct themselves professionally and engage in courteous and respectful interactions.
- Critique ideas, not people, when responding to viewpoints and opinions that are different from your own.
- Commit to learning, not debating. Comments should be made to share information, not to persuade others of your viewpoints. Listen well and be considerate of different opinions.
- Avoid inflammatory language. Inflammatory language includes forms of speech that stir up emotions, elicit anger, or invoke a physical reaction.
- Comply immediately if a WILD staff member, volunteer, or program facilitator directs you to stop a behavior or delete a comment. After you comply, the participant may raise any questions or concerns to WILD Leadership.
- Comply with the instructions of the event speakers, WILD staff members, volunteers, or program facilitators.
- Alert WILD Leadership immediately if you notice any behavior that is not aligned with this Code of Conduct by submitting an incident report. If you learn about the identities of any individuals involved in a conduct concern, maintain the confidentiality of those individuals. If you are questioned as part of an investigation, or review of a conduct concern, answer questions in a forthright and complete manner.
Behaviors prohibited during the event
- Do not record any session, presentation, video, or content, unless expressly authorized by WILD Leadership.
- Do not take pictures or copy any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space, unless expressly authorized by WILD Leadership.
- Do not post personal information about someone else without their permission.
- Do not disrupt speakers and/or presentations throughout the event.
- Do not engage in discriminatory, biased, demeaning, intimidating, bullying, or harassing/hostile behavior. This includes written, verbal, or non-verbal conduct.
- Do not comment on other participants’ personal appearance.
- Do not wear clothing in video or photos that is provocative, inappropriate, or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Do not share your event login credentials with other individuals.
- Do not post solicitation for services, direct selling of products or services, or promotional materials in any public area of the virtual platform, unless expressly authorized by WILD Leadership.
Contact us to report an incident
If, while at the Women in Global Development Leadership Forum, you have been involved in or have witnessed an incident that violates this Code of Conduct, please use our form.
Consequences that may be imposed
In response to any alleged Code of Conduct violation, WILD reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate. This includes removing a participant from the event without warning or refund of registration fees. WILD reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event, virtually or in-person. WILD may impose any of the above-listed consequences on an accused participant without an in depth investigation, if WILD determines that immediate action is needed to avoid disruption or to advance inclusion or safety at the event. The participant removed can appeal the decision by contacting WILD Leadership with any new information concerning the incident. If after receiving new information, WILD determines, in its sole discretion, that a different outcome was warranted, WILD may refund any registration fees paid by the removed participant. There are no other remedies available under this appeal process.